Nursery Mrs Miller
Reception Miss Jordan
Year 1/Reception Miss Wells
Year 1 Ms Wright and Mrs Daynes
Year 2 Mr Bosher
Year 2 Miss Hall
Year 3 Mrs Molenaar
Year 3 Mrs Chadwick and Mrs Hadlow
Year 4 Mrs Tibbenham
Year 4 Miss Carr
Year 5 Mr Paylor
Year 6 Mrs Jinks
A very warm welcome back after, I hope was, an enjoyable Christmas break. This half term our topic is ‘Amazing Africa’. In geography we will be learning about the vast cultural and environmental differences seen in the African continent. We will be focusing on Kenya and the Maasai people.
In English our focus book is African Tales by Gcina Mhlophe, illustrated by Rachel Griffin.
We are concentrating on non-fiction, writing an information text about some of the countries in Africa and a leaflet about a sea creature.
Within this we will be learning about the use of headings and sub-headings, use of paragraphs, noun phrases, adverbs, conjunctions, adjectives and different ways to begin a sentence.
We will be concentrating on:
• Recognising the role and importance of equality within mathematics.
• Learning how to multiply by using different representations such as pictures, arrays, groups of and lots of.
• Learning how to divide by sharing, grouping and by using a number line.
• Continuing to learn and recall the multiplication facts to 12 x 12
• Learning about measures including length and perimeter.
Our topic is light and we will be making a puppet theatre.
To do this we will be:
• Identifying light sources
• Investigating how shadows change
• Recognise shadow as the absence of light
We would like to thank you all in advance for your support with developing your children's responsibility for their own home learning. As usual home learning will be given out on a Friday to be completed by the following Thursday.
Pupils are expected to:
• Read for 5-10 minutes every night to an adult or older sibling.
• Complete a short reading task based on in-class learning.
• Practice their times tables - Children each have a times table tracker which is kept in school but every child knows which times table/divisions they should be practising at home.
Children may be asked to complete either a short English, maths, topic or science task
If homework is not completed then pupils will do so on Friday afternoon.
PE is timetabled for a Wednesday and Friday. Please encourage your child to have a named kit in school for those days, including suitable footwear (trainers for outdoor PE).
Please encourage your child to bring in their reading books every day.